Thursday, December 10, 2009

VERSE OF THE DAY

Its been a long time since I posted so here are some quick updates.
1) I have good days and bad days. Except for yesterday, the last couple weeks have been good. Pain under control and I am not sick with anything weird.

2) Jeff was in the hospital for a week with a perforated bowel. He was very close to a bowel resection and having a colostomy bag. This was due in part to not enough fiber in his diet.

3) I am really enjoying the Christmas holidays this year. I have done a moderate amount of shopping and bought some monogrammed stockings for the little boys that are really cute. I havent decorated the house but I am really feeling the meaning this year. God is helping me to enjoy all that the season has to offer.

4) I joined Weight Watchers at work and am walking 2-3 miles almost every day. As of today, I have lost 14 pounds and feel like my health is back in my hands.

VERSE OF THE DAY
I have a pile of bible verses on my desk that are mostly motivational and I grab one every morning and read it periodically throughout the day taking a few minutes to concentrate on the meaning and apply it to whatever I am working on. My hope is that God will lead me to the message that I need for that day and help me retain and apply. I have pretty much been through all of them multiple times so today, I googled daily bible verse and the one I found was not new news by any means but the crux of my beliefs and for me, it felt good to read.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment