Monday, August 31, 2015

WDW - Sunday August 30, 2015: First full day at WDW MK & HS

I hope I can remember everything we did yesterday. Ken and Austin are sleeping and my memory well, its not like it used to be.

We woke up early to make it to rope drop at MK but our GPS is sort of crazy and we didn't get there until 930.

MAGIC KINGDOM

I love the view of the castle from main street. I wanted to stop at main street bakery for coffee and muffin but i didn't want to ruin my appetite for lunch so that dream will need to wait for another day.

We did stop at Main Street confections to get a few treats to bring home for later. Austin and I both got fudge and Grampa went across the street to get ibuprofen for a headache.

After getting snacks, my dream came true when I saw a meet and greet for Merida. I have a secret; I want to have greeted every princess by the end of this trip. So the boys went over to Tomorrowland Speedway while I waited in line for one of my favorite princesses.

Meeting Merida

After our rides, we headed over to Be Our Guest for the most fabulous french inspired lunch;

  • Gramma - Monsoir Crocquette (Ham and Gruyere grilled cheese) & Pomme Frites (fries)
  • Grampa - Pork a& mashed potatoes
  • Austin - Roast Beef sandwich & Green Beans
Be Our Guest is Beauty and The Beast themed. I wanted to be in the rose room but it was full so we ate in the Grand Hall. You order on a kiosk and then the servers deliver your food on these wood and glass carts that looks so 'Beasty'. 


Attraction Count:

  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Under The Sea with the Little Mermaid
  • Citizens of Main Street
Here's the entrance to 'Under the Sea'


HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Grampa dropped us off at Hollywood Studios and then went back for a nap. We started with a trip on the Great Movie ride with a fast pass which allowed us to get through a 50 minute wait in just a couple minutes then we did the same on Star Tours. 

Star Tours exits out of the Tatooine shop so we stopped to shop. I got Ken a Darth Vader polo shirt for his birthday and Austin got a light saber. 

Luckily the magic band charging issue didnt impact our dining credits so we were able to get a coffee and a muffin. 

We met up with grampa around 5 and watched the Hollywood Studios Public Works. I love this group, its probably my favorite of all the street performers.



We didn't really eat dinner anywhere last night. Neither Austin or I were hungry and grampa ate hotdogs at the cabin. 

Attraction Count:
  • Great Movie Ride 
  • Star Tours (without grampa)
  • Star Tours (with grampa)


FORT WILDERNESS

We had an issue with no ability to charge to our room with our wristbands for most of the day. Fort Wilderness employee Daniella worked tirelessly to figure it but it took until 10pm to get mine fixed although Austin and Grampas were working by the late afternoon. As an apology, she offered us additional fast passes at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and she also credited us for the items I was trying to buy for Ken for his birthday ($70.00) which was more than generous. That's why I love Disney so much. 

Rain factor: a few hours in the afternoon. 

Its still humid around here but at least we had a break from the rain the day before when it rained all day.

CLEARWATER BEACH












No comments:

Post a Comment