Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Old Person Wisdom

I have realized that there are some things that you can NOT learn until you reach a certain age. Screwing around at work for example. I used to do it once in awhile, maybe a lot of us have, but I don’t do it any more, ever. I rarely even have 5 minute cube conversations. Not because I am so worried about my image but because its just not fun....or funny. I do a little internal cringe when I think about some of the stuff I have done that seemed so innocuous at the time but now, ugh would anyone hire me if they knew that i did stuff like this? My friends at SA will remember the time I brought in a kids sized tent I had bought at a garage sale. For some reason (I say that soooo much) I decided to set it up at my cube and then I got inside and layed down. My head was sticking out the door when my boss walked in and I was embarrassed but not as embarrassed as I should have been or as I would be today if it happened. I also tied 3 office chairs together once and talked my friends into 'rowing' down the hallway. Not only did we get in trouble but my boss got in trouble from his boss for encouraging us. As I have gotten older, not only do I not do stupid stuff at work anymore but I appreciate things like my family and friends. My husband, children, and grandchildren are such a blessing and I thank God for them every day. I do not take my friendships lightly either, although I have become more selective, really drawing close those people that make a beautiful difference in my life. Friends; if I havent told you lately how much I love you, I LOVE YOU! Lastly, I don’t think you need to get old to appreciate life and all that God has given you but as I have gotten old(er), I notice things that I havent before. Like how really beautiful nature is. When you step back and look at all of what God created (how can anyone think its an accident?), you really appreciate the work that God put into the world for us. We live in an awesome, beautiful, God created, world that we should take time to fully appreciate. Does everyone have to get old to get smarter or is it just me? p.s. I am not to old to have fun, I am just smart enough to wait until I get home to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment