Saturday, June 29, 2013

Why do we go to church?

***Note, this is another post where I threw some ideas on a page out but then didn't finish editing so this was several weeks ago the Saturday night before Easter. I am too tired to edit anymore but I am sure you get the idea ***


Ken and I went to church Saturday night instead of attending the Easter Sunday service at the request of our wonderful pastor, Dave Reno, so that chairs would be available for first timers at Easter morning services.

I expected a retelling of the crucifixion and was quite disappointed, as was Ken, when it became apparent that Dave had other plans. Instead of a re-birth, we heard things we need to be doing as Christians because we are NOT in a Once Saved, Always Saved kind of Christian life and again, Dave blessed me with his great knowledge although I didnt quite appreciate until I started really thinking about it, thus the post several weeks later;
1-RECOGNIZE. REALIZE. It never occurred to me that I was sinning without realizing it.
2-CONFESS YOUR SIN and ask for forgiveness.
3-COMMIT. Remove the sin instigators and pray for strength


For me, I also need to learn. I used to think that I didn't have to go to church to be a Christian, but I was dead wrong. Going to church is educational and rewarding. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment