You can see the old mines and a fascinating variety of desert vegetation and rock formations. Most of today's cars would have little trouble on this road when it is dry and our cellphones worked most of the way, too.
Oatman Hotel is a must see for a number of reasons;
- the food was good (I had a chix quesadilla)
- the walls are lined with autographed dollar bills and number in the thousands
- its the oldest 2 story adobe structure in Mohave county
- it was the honeymoon stop of Carole Lombard and Clark Gable and the hotel has preserved the suite. Apparently Mr Rhett Butler had a real fondness for the area and loved to play poker
- its the home of Oatie the ghost