Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 1 of Stampin Up Convention 2011

I checked into my hotel (Little America)at about 5 oclock tonight and took most of an hour getting my stuff put away and trying to get a frig ordered for my room. This is a 4 star hotel and there is no frig? anyway, here are the highlights;

The kickoff party was a blast! I left my cell phone at the hotel so i didnt have any way of finding my group so I made a couple new friends; Cresta and Jessica. It was their first convention and their excitement rubbed off on me. Stampin Up Prize Patrol gave away so many prizes that I am not sure there are any left for the rest of convention. SERIOUSLY, they had a game or some random drawing about every 15 minutes for 2 hours and there were probably 25 winners for each game. The prizes were amazing too.

I brought 200 swaps and traded about half and hopefully will do the rest tomorrow. There are some pretty cool ideas in my batch and I will share them when I get home. ***warning soap box**** if you ever have the opportunity to swap in person with strangers, dont say no to anyone. a first time swapper was nearly in tears after someone told her they didnt want to swap with her after they swapped with her friend. its really a shame that you cant just think of it as a gift if you think they didnt put as much effort into their swaps as you did. ok - off the soapbox....

I actually left the party early, as soon as my swaps were done, because I was exhausted and my leg hurt. It was definately a challenge getting back to the hotel and i think i walked about a mile when its really only about 6 blocks, maybe i should have brought my gps. ok, gotta take a shower and then go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your *soapbox*! It shows what a generous heart you have!

    ReplyDelete